Thursday, May 6, 2010

Noisy Poems


I think that this book is a great way to bring poetry alive in the classroom. One of my main focuses is to bring in differentiated learning to my classroom. I think that this could help with bring drama in and allowing for kids to play with voice. They could get with partners or groups and read the poems aloud. Students could decide how they want to deliver the poems just like we did in our class. They could include sound effects exchange loud and soft voices or even rap them. They could even sing them or we could sing them as a class. These poems are all really fun and I think that this would be a good way to get children excited about poetry. I love that these poems are not very educational and are just there for the fun of poetry. The poem called The Yak really has no meaning to it and is just a bunch of funny sounding words. I think that kids would just love this and laugh and try to memorize this just so they can say it throughout the day. Everything in this book is really silly and all of the pictures are very jumbled and fun. This is a great way to bring some fun into a poetry unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment