Friday, May 7, 2010

Final Reflection

This class has been a really great experience and I cannot wait to take what I have learned into my future classroom. I plan to use a variety of different books in my classroom in order to discuss difficult issues. I think that it is a really great way to break the barrier when issues arise that are tough to discuss. I loved being able to see all of the different styles that authors use in order to interest and educate children in their books. I loved doing in class activities and discussions because it was good to see that so many people have a variety of different opinions on particular issues. This is something that I think is very important to remember in a classroom because all children come from a variety of different backgrounds and have so many opinions. Teachers need to remember to not let their own opinion overlook the opinions of their students. I also really like that you brought up the "no TV" week in school because I do agree that television can be very educational and many children use TV as a form of entertainment when parents are gone. Sometime, I got frustrated that I had to blog each week, but in the end it really opened my eyes to explore a variety of books that are great and at times not so great. I think the biggest thing that I will take from this class is the text sets. I hope to use everyone's text sets throughout the year. It is such a great idea to teach a unit by including books as a great introduction and resource for students to look through. I really enjoyed this class and your enthusiasm for wanting us to explore the world of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment