Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do You See A Mouse

My first picture book is called, Do You See a Mouse? by Bernard Waber. It is intended for ages 4-8. I really like that each page somewhat repeats the same words. Therefore, this makes it easy for beginner readers because they can become familiar with select words. I also like that each page has the mouse hiding somewhere, so the child can have fun trying to find the mouse on each page. It is also funny because the person talking always says that they do not see a mouse. I think that the people's names are a little bit hard for a child between 4 and 8 to try and pronounce. I like that the mouse catchers are so funny and put on a little act when they are trying to catch the mouse. It is cute that the mouse is in every scene and in the end they do not see it. I like the last page in which the mouse says good-bye. One thing the author should change is the cover picture, because it is hard to see the mouse and does not really show what the story will be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment